The Las Cruces Extra-territorial Zoning Commission will consider the following agenda at a public hearing to be held Thursday, September 17, 2009, at 7:00 P.M., in the Commission Chambers in the Doņa Ana County Government Center, 845 N. Motel Blvd, Las Cruces, NM.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS Chairman Wade Warthen
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: August 20, 2009
5. CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
REVIEW / DISCUSSION / ACTION
6. CASE # Z08-011 / BLACK: The applicant, Tommy Black, (David Bollschweiler, Agent) is requesting a zone change on 4 parcels from ER3M (Residential, 1-acre minimum new lot size, single-family site built and mobile homes) to EI3 (Special Industrial District, to provide for a variety of industrial uses that may cause some levels of air or noise pollution) for the purpose of operating an existing auto/metal salvage yard. The applicant is also requesting a Special Use Permit SU08-011/Black, as required in Section 3.1.O of the ETZ Zoning Ordinance. The combined 8.85-acre subject parcels are located north of the City of Las Cruces, east of Interstate 10, within Section 13, Township 22 South, and Range 1 East. The subject properties are addressed at 1430 East Thorpe Road. The four parcels described as parts of Lots 5 and 19, Block 20 of the Elephant Butte Land and Trust Company Subdivision /'/A/'/ as recorded in the Office of the Doņa Ana County Clerk on March 1, 1911 in Book 8, Page 86 and Lot 1 of the Elephant Butte Land & Trust Company Subdivision /'/A/'/ Replat No. 31 as filed in the Office of the Doņa Ana Clerk on November 13, 1995 in Book 18, Pages 352-353. The four (4) parcels can be further identified by Map Code Nos. 4-006-129-137-460,
4-006-129-188-491, 4-006-129-185-507, and 4-006-129-153-514. This case was postponed to September 17, 2009, by the ETZ Commission at its regularly scheduled meeting on July 16, 2009, by a 5-1-0 vote.
REVIEW / DISCUSSION / ACTION
7. CASE # SU09-008 / MONTOYA: The applicant, Bernadette Montoya, is requesting a Special Use Permit to build a 728 sq. ft. casita on her property as accessory living quarters. The 1.0-acre parcel is zoned ER 3 (Residential, one-acre minimum new lot size, single-family site-built homes), with a 2491 sq. ft. site-built home serving as the primary residence. It is addressed as 4415 Sandollar Way, and is described as Lot 1 of Elder Acres; plat recorded on July 22, 1997 in Book 18, Page 724 in the Doņa Ana County Clerks Office. The property is within Section 34, Township 22 South, and Range 1 East, located north of the City of Las Cruces, west of N. Valley Drive and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-004-132-102-444.
8. CASE # SU09-009 / EVERHART: The applicant, Tatt Everhart, Steve Bradee of Scanlon-White Engineering, agent, is requesting a Special Use Permit to allow an existing 1505 sq. ft. casita on his property as accessory living quarters. He received an SUP for a temporary mobile home in 2001 during construction of the primary residence, with a notation on the building permit that a SUP for accessory living quarters was being pursued. This never occurred, but the Certificate of Occupancy was issued on July 15, 2003. The 15.04-acre parcel is zoned ER 3 (Residential, one-acre minimum new lot size, single-family site-built homes), with a 3480 sq. ft. site-built home serving as the primary residence. It is addressed as 305 Fort Fillmore Road, and is described as Lot 1 of Fox Subdivision # 1; plat recorded on February 6, 1996 in Book 18, Page 414 in the Doņa Ana County Clerks Office. The property is within Section 15, Township 24 South, and Range 2 East, located south of the City of Las Cruces, immediately east of South Main Street, and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-010-141-150-120.
9. PUBLIC INPUT
10. STAFF INPUT
11. COMMISSION INPUT
Doņa Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in DAC sponsored meetings, events or activities. Any request should be made to the ADA Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least 48 hours prior to the event where that accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Dept., at (575) 647-7210, 845 N. Motel Blvd., Las Cruces, NM 88007.