Office of the Flood Commission
Now available: 2010 aerial photography
Background: To update the 2004 and 2007 digital aerials, the Flood Commission again contracted with Bohannan-Huston to obtain new digital aerial photography for Doņa Ana county. All of the 2004 and 2007 areas were re-flown and the coverage area was expanded to include more substantial areas around Hatch, Las Cruces, Anthony, Santa Teresa, and Sunland Park. Coverage was also extended to the full length of I-10 and NM Highway 9 through Doņa Ana County. In all, approximately 2200 square miles were photographed. Current LiDAR information was also obtained for the entire project area.
Potential Uses: This data can be extremely useful for preliminary engineering drawings, flood mapping, site planning, modeling, engineering studies, and presentations.
Costs: The data is available for $50 per section (PLSS), per layer. The entire dataset is available for $10,000.
The datasets (layers) available from the Flood Commission are:
Aerial - Color Orthophotography
- 1-foot pixel resolution
- Digital file formats provided in .TIF and .ECW for use with CAD software, GIS software, and graphics packages
DTM - Digital Terrain Model
- Point and line data generated from the raw LIDAR acquired in 2010
- Digital data are available in ASCII, and GENERATE formats
- DEM - Digital Elevation Model data is also available
- 2-foot contour interval
- Provided in ESRI shapefile format
- Contours may be provided in .DWG, .DXF, or .DGN (v7 or v8) formats upon request.
To order any of these datasets from the Flood Commission:
Download the following form for information requests
- Aerial Photograph DTM & Contour Data Request Form (PDF - 117k) (DOCX - 44k) (DOCX with fill-in fields - 52k) (PDF with fill-in fields - 1.26mb)
- Fax the completed form to (575) 525-5567, or email it to either