AMENDED: COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON JUNE 13, 2017
AMENDED: COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON JUNE 13, 2017
FULL AGENDA PACKET: BOCC_Packet_2017-06-13.pdf (PDF- 44mb)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
· CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of May 23, 2017
2. EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION – The Commission will recognize Doña Ana County
Employees for their years of service to Doña Ana County – Jess Williams, Public Information Director/Commission Liaison, will present.
Misty Dawn Benavidez
Health & Human Services
Fire & Emergency Services
Facilities & Parks
Years of Service
3. PUBLIC INPUT
COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
4. Presentation of Contracts Executed from May 19th – June 9th 2017 – Pamela Wood, Contract Administrator, will present.
5. Presentation of the Up Program – Introduced by District 4 Chair Isabella Solis; Marisol Diaz, Program Manager, Southwest Center for Health Innovation, will present.
6. A Proclamation Declaring Friday, June 16, 2017 as Pat Garrett Day in Doña Ana County – Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will read and present the Proclamation.
7. Presentation and Discussion of Grant Awarded to County Clerk’s Office by the New Mexico Historical Records Advisory Board for Organizing and Properly Storing the County’s Collection of Historical Records – Lynn Ellins, Chief Deputy Clerk, will present.
CONSENT AGENDA - The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
8. Doña Ana County Treasurer’s Financial Report for the Month of April, 2017 – Eric Rodriguez, County Treasurer, will discuss.
9. Approve a Contract for Fiscal Year 2018 in the Amount of $130,000 with NMSU Cooperative Extension Services – Jamie Michael, Health and Human Services, will discuss.
10. Approve Doña Ana County ARCGIS Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) and Authorize County Manager Signature Authority for Subsequent Contract Documents – Lee Galt, GIS Administrator, Community Development, will discuss.
11. Approve Memorandum of Agreement Between Doña Ana County and Otero County to Provide Emergency Medical Services to Residents in Chaparral, NM, and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Contract and Budget Documents – Jamie Michael, Director, Health and Human Services, will discuss.
12. Approve the Utilization of Texas Buyboard Contract #523-17 to Purchase GPS Services from GPS Insight and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Gabriel Silva, Fleet Manager, Fleet Department, will discuss.
13. Approve Resolution Establishing Protocol for Receipt of Donations to Fire and Emergency Services Units – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss.
14. Approve Annual Resolution Designating Doña Ana County’s Holiday Schedule for 2018 – Deborah Weir, HR Director, will discuss.
15. Accept Warranty Deed from Alto Estates III Neighborhood Council, Inc. for a Small Tract of Land that Lies within an Improved and County Maintained Portion of Road – Robert Armijo, Engineer/Road Director, will discuss.
16. Approve the Donation of the Mesilla Valley Regional Dispatch Authority Facility, Equipment and all Components to the Mesilla Valley Regional Dispatch Authority Board of Directors and Delegate Signature Authority to Interim County Manager for all Related Documents – Armando Cordero, Manager, Facilities/Parks/Vector Control/Fairgrounds, will discuss.
16A. Approve Award of Request for Proposal 17-0040 State Lobbyist Services and Delegate
Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Chuck
McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss.
17. Adopt an Ordinance Approving the Las Cruces Community Farms, LLLP Local Development Act (“LEDA”) Project Proposal and Approve the Project Participation Agreement, the Intergovernmental Agreement and the Guaranty Agreement and Delegate Signature Authority to the Interim County Manager for the Documents Cited and Other Required Documents – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss.
18. Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION, to discuss a limited personnel matter related to the search criteria and process to be used to recruit a permanent County Manager; to discuss bargaining strategy preliminary to collective bargaining negotiations with the International Association of Fire Firefighters (IAFF) Local 5037; American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, NM Council 18, Local 1529 (Detention Center), Local 1879 (Court Security), and Local 2709 (Blue Collar); and, pursuant to the attorney-client privilege to discuss pending threatening litigation involving the Griggs and Walnut Superfund site; and, involving pending or threatened litigation related to La Union flooding issues; and, to discuss the purchase or acquisition of real property to address flooding issues in La Union,as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, § 10-15-1 (H) (2), (5), (7) and (8).
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONRS MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to take action, if any, on the closed session items.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least two business days prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Community & Constituent Services Office at 525-6163, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto la Oficina de Servicio a la Comunidad y Constituyentes 525-6163 por lo menos dos días hábiles por adelantado para pedir este servicio.