AMENDED: COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON MAY 8, 2018
AMENDED: COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON MAY 8, 2018
Agenda Packet: BOCC_Packet_2018-05-08.pdf (25.52mb)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
COMMISSION CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
- Invocation—Rev. Dr. Maria Goldstein, Executive Producer-for Voices in the Wildness
- Pledge of Allegiance
- CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Fernando R. Macias, County Manager, will discuss
2. EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION—The Commission will recognize Doña Ana County employees for their years of service to Doña Ana County – Read by Fernando R. Macias, County Manager, will present.
Years of Service
FIRE & EMERGENCY SERVICES
3. • PUBLIC INPUT
• STAFF INPUT
• COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
• COMMISSION INPUT
4. Proclamation Declaring May 6-12, 2018, as Correctional Officers and Employees Week in Doña Ana County in Conjunction with National Correctional Officers and Employees Week Requested by: Capt. Vicki Hooser, Detention Center; Read by Fernando R. Macias, County Manager.
5. Proclamation Declaring May, 2018, as Bike Month in Doña Ana County in Conjunction with National Bike Month Requested by: George Pearson of Velo Cruces; Read by Fernando R. Macias, County Manager.
6. Proclamation Decelerating May 9, 2018, as Larry Candelaria Day in Doña Ana County Requested by: Commissioner Billy G. Garrett; Read by Fernando R. Macias, County Manager.
7. Presentation on the Operations of the South Central Regional Transit District (SCRTD)—David Armijo, Executive Director SCRTD.
8. Presentation on Administration and Execution of the Stonegarden Grant Operations— Sheriff Enrique “Kiki” Vigil, will present.
CONSENT AGENDA - The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
9. MINUTES – Minutes of Regular Meeting of April 24th, 2018.
10. Accept Doña Ana County Treasurer’s Financial Report for the Month of March, 2018—Eric Rodriguez, County Treasurer, will discuss.
11. Accept Dedication of a Portion of Alvarez Road and Delegate Signature Authority to the BOCC Chairperson—Robert L Armijo, Engineering Director, will discuss.
12. Accept Grant of Road and Utility Easement from Butterfield Trail Ranch, LLC to Create and Alternate Route for Doña Ana County Road C001—Robert L. Armijo, Engineering Director, will discuss.
13. Accept Additional Grant Funds for the Prescription Drug Overdose and Opioid Overdose Related Deaths Project (PDO-BF30), and Approve Budget Revision and Resolution—Jamie Michael, Health and Human Services, will discuss.
14. Approve Award of a Sole Source Purchase with Adapt Pharma in the Amount of $159,300.00 for Narcan Purchase and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for All Related Purchasing Documents—Jamie Michael, Health and Human Services Director, will discuss.
15. Approve New Applicant Qualification Criteria for the External Evaluation Committee to Review Access to Healthcare Proposals—Jamie Michael, Health and Human Services Director, will discuss.
16. Approve Out-of-State Travel for Health and Human Services Department Staff to Attend the 12th National Harm Reduction Conference in New Orleans, LA—Jamie Michael, Health and Human Services Director, will discuss.
17. Approve Award of Request for Proposal 18-0044 for External Auditor Services and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents—Nasreen Nelson, Interim-Finance Director, will discuss.
18. Approve Purchase of Hardware and Software Support from Presidio Network Solutions Using the Westcon Cisco GSA Reseller Contract Number GS35F0563U Not to exceed $160,000 and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager—Bob Bunting, Information Technology/Infrastructure Manager, will discuss.
19. Approve Memorandum of Agreement Between Doña Ana County, Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Department and the City of Sunland Park Police Department for Law Enforcement Academy Participation and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager—Sherriff Enrique “Kiki” Vigil, will discuss.
20. Approve Resolution Adopting a New Collective bargaining Agreement between the County and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, New Mexico Council 18, Court Security, Local 1879—Nelson J. Goodin, County Attorney, will discuss.
21. Approve Resolution Providing Notice of Termination of Doña Ana County’s Participating in the Stonegarden 2016 Grant Award (EMW-2016-SS-00105)— Commissioner Billy G. Garrett, District 1, will discuss.
22. Adopt an Ordinance Approving the Corrugated Synergies International, LLC Local Economic Development Act (LEDA) Project Including the Project Participation Agreement (PPA), the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA), and Guaranty Agreement and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for All Related Agreements and Contracts Documents, Amendments or Changer Orders, and Renewals—Daniel Hortert, Economic Development & Special Projects Manager, will discuss.
23. Approve a Resolution Authorizing the Donation and Governmental Transfer of Furniture and Equipment as Described in Exhibit A (attached) to the Mesilla Valley Regional Dispatch Authority (MVRDA) and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for All Related Document—Fernando R. Macias, County Manager, will discuss.
24. Authorize Publication of Notice of Intent to Repeal Ordinance Number 162-95 and Amending Ordinance Number 124-93 Relating to the Dedication of the County Third One-Eight Gross Receipt Tax—Fernando R. Macias, County Manager, will discuss.
25. Cindy Padilla, County Clerk’s Office, will present to the Commissioner any claims received by Doña Ana County.
PRELIMINARY BUDGET DISCUSSION
26. Discussion of Fiscal Year 19 Proposed Budget—Marisol Richardson, Budget Officer, will discuss.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, as soon as possible prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Community & Constituent Services Office at 525-6163, at least two business days prior to the event. Por favor en contacto la Oficina de Servicio a la Comunidad y Constituyentes 525-6163 por lo menos dos días hábiles por adelantado para pedir este servicio.