Cleanup With Carlos
Cleanup With Carlos
The Doña Ana County Illegal Dumping Partnership (IDP) is a multi-agency task force founded to help combat illegal dumping throughout Doña Ana County. IDP is committed to increasing the public health and safety of Doña Ana County, as well as keeping the area clean and beautiful. IDP is active in communities and schools throughout the County, providing public education to increase awareness about environmental responsibility and resources needed for community cleanup days.
Illegal Dumping Webinars
Creating The Illegal Dumping Partnership Presentation - Patrick Peck, SCSWA Director
Grants Conference Presentation - Mary Lou Ward, DAC ACO/Codes Enforcement Supervisor
No Throw App - Lee Galt, GIS Administrator Doña Ana County
2018 Boots on the Ground Conference presentations
- Recycling And Illegal Dumping Fund Grants Presentation - Joan M. Snider, Solid Waste Bureau Outreach Section Manager
- Creating The Illegal Dumping Partnership Presentation - Patrick Peck, SCSWA Director
- Grants Conference Presentation - Mary Lou Ward, DAC ACO/Codes Enforcement Supervisor
- IDP Powerpoint, Boots On The Ground Conference Presentation
- IDP Presentation, Encouraging Behavior Change - Keysha Burton, SCSWA Outreach and Education Coordinator
- Las Cruces District Office Illegal Dump Program Presentation
- NoThrow Grants Presentation, Advertising The NoThrow App
- Project In A Box Grants Presentation
- RPFO Boots on the Ground Presentation
Waste Eradication in Doña Ana County
Illegal dumping can be reported by calling 1-877-NO-THROW.
To report illegal dumping, call Central Dispatch at 1-877-NO-THROW. Follow the voice prompts and select option 4 to speak to a live operator. Be prepared with street names or closest landmark to the dumpsite.
OR Download the No Throw App for iOS or Android
To download the new app, click on the image below that corresponds to your mobile phone. It's an easy way to report illegal dumping!
Download the NO THROW app, take a picture of the dumpsite and hit submit. If so desired you can provide additional content when prompted.
Transfer Station Locations
- Anthony - 2120 E. O'Hara Road
- Butterfield - 4925 Eason Lane
- Garfield - 505 Nightwatchers Road*
- Hatch - 110 Cerrito Road
- Hill - 9293 Del Rey Boulevard
- La Mesa - 1310 W. Afton Road
- La Union - 2590 Visnaga St*
- Mesquite - 725 County Road B-059
Hours of Operation
Friday – Monday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* These locations have alternative hours of operations: Garfield is open Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. La Union is open Friday through Sunday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
NEW Chaparral Collection and Recycling Center - 180 McCombs Rd.
Hours of Operation for Chaparral: Monday – Friday: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (last load accepted at 4:45 pm), Saturday – Sunday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Last load accepted at 3:45 pm)
Ready to recycle right in Doña Ana County? For more information on where and what to recycle, click here.
Cleanup With Carlos and Friends Events
July, 15, 2020 Event - English: https://www.facebook.com/theSCSWA/videos/293116188466547/
July, 15, 2020 Event - Spanish: https://www.facebook.com/theSCSWA/videos/27355
As part of the ACES program through the Doña Ana County Animal Control and Codes Department, the Doña Ana County Illegal Dumping Partnership (IDP) partners with our staff to educate property owners throughout the County.
From July 2017 through June 2018, there were six ACES project days and six Dumpster Days in various neighborhoods and communities. Cleanups were held in Chaparral, the East Mesa of Las Cruces, Rincon, Anthony, Tortugas, and Bamert.
Throughout the year, the staff worked a total of 670 hours on ACES project days and 144 hours on Dumpster Days, for a total of 814 hours, resulting in the eradication of 43.74 tons of trash, litter and garbage, including tires.
These educational outreach projects and cleanups are part of a larger effort to encourage community involvement in keeping Doña Ana County litter free and preserving its natural beauty.
The IDP encourages community members to get involved and coordinate community cleanups in your area. Supplies are available at no charge. For information on how you can lead a cleanup in your community, please contact our office at 525-8846.
Contact Irene Holguin at (575) 525-8846 for more information on getting involved in your community
No Throw Videos
Click the images below to view the videos in a new browser window.
Illegal Dumping Partnership Newsletter
Brought to you by the Doña Ana County Illegal Dumping Partnership (IDP)
To view any Partner website, click on their logo listed below