COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON JUNE 27, 2017
COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON JUNE 27, 2017
FULL AGENDA PACKET: BOCC_Packet_2017-06-27.pdf (PDF- 9.6mb)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
· CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss
· PET SHOWCASE – ASCMV Staff will present
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of June 13, 2017
2. PUBLIC INPUT
COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
3. Presentation and Discussion of Property Assisted Clean Energy (PACE) Program - Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss.
4. Presentation of Contracts Executed from June 12 – June 23, 2017 - Pamela Wood, Contract Administrator, will present.
5. Update on El Paso Electric Co. Rate Case Filings - Tom Figart, Legal Department, will discuss.
CONSENT AGENDA –The Board will be asked to approve by on motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
6. Approve Resolution Accepting Funding Offer for Yucca Road Phase 1 from the NMDOT 2017/2018 Local Government Road Fund (LGRF) School Bus Route Program (SB) and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Documents- Robert Armijo, Interim Assistant County Manager, will discuss.
7. Approve Resolution Accepting Funding Offer for Yucca Road Phase II from the NMDOT 2017/2018 Local Government Road Fund (LGRF) Cooperative Agreement Program (COOP) and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Documents – Robert Armijo, Interim Assistant County Manager, will discuss.
8. Approve Resolution Accepting Funding Offer for Butterfield Boulevard from the NMDOT 2017/2018 Local Government Road Fund (LGRF) County Arterial Project (CAP) and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Documents- Robert Armijo, Interim Assistant County Manager, will discuss.
9. Approve Award of a Sole Source Contract for Fiscal Year 2018 with Forensic Intervention Consortium of Doña Ana County (FICDAC) in the Amount of $82,000 for the Provision of Jail Diversion Services and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for All Related Contract Documents – Jamie Michael, Health and Human Services Director, will discuss.
10. Approve Resolution to Adopt the Standing Committee’s Recommended Findings and Proposed Disposal of Data Equipment and Equipment - Don Bullard, Purchasing Department Manager, will discuss.
11. Approval of Sealed Bid #17-0045 for Construction Taxiway D for the Jetport and Delegate Signature Authority to the Interim County Manager on Related Contract, Amendments and Change Orders - Bill Provance, Airport Manager, will discuss.
12. Approve Resolution Approving Amendment to the Joint Power’s Agreement forming the Metro Narcotics Agency and Delegation of Signature Authority to the Chair Person - Ken Roberts, Undersheriff, will discuss.
13. Appointment of Two Members to the Doña Ana County International Jetport Advisory Board - Bill Provance, Airport Manager, will discuss.
14. Approval of Year-End Budget Resolution and Budget Revision for the Fiscal Year 2017 Budget- Marisol Richardson, Budget Officer, will discuss.
14A. Approve Memorandum of Understanding between South Central Regional Transit District
And Doña Ana County and Delegate Signature Authority to the Interim County Manager –
District 1 Commissioner Billy Garrett will discuss.
15. Approve a Resolution to Continue the Membership of Doña Ana County with the South Central Council of Governments - Vincent S. Pokluda, Assistant County Manager, will discuss.
16. Resolve to Support the Department of Interior’s Review of the Private Land within the Organ Mountains/Desert Peaks National Monument - Introduced and discussed by District 3 Commissioner Benjamin Rawson.
16B. Approve a Resolution Affirming Support for the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National
Monument and Strongly Opposing any Reduction of the Monument and its Areas of
Protection – Introduced and discussed by District 1 Commissioner Billy Garrett.
17. Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION, to discuss a limited personnel matter related to the search criteria and process to be used to recruit a permanent County Manager; to discuss bargaining strategy preliminary to collective bargaining negotiations with the international Association of Fire Firefighter (1AFF) Local 5037; American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, NM Council 18, Local 1879 (Court Security) and Local 2709 (Blue Collar); and, to discuss pending litigation in the El Paso Electric Rate Case (No. 170009-UT) filed with the NM Public Regulation Commission, New Mexico Public Regulation Commission Rulemaking Case No. 17-000-22-UT, and Application of El Paso Electric Company for Expedited Approval of a Long Term Purchase Power Agreement with Newman Solar, LLC., Case No. 1700-142-UT, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, § 10-15-1 (H) (2), (5) and (7) respectively.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to take action, if any, on the closed session items.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least two business days prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Community &
Constituent Services Office at 525-6163, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto la Oficina de Servicio a la Comunidad y Constituyentes 525-6163 por lo menos dos días hábiles por adelantado para pedir este servicio.