COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON JUNE 28, 2016
COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON JUNE 28, 2016
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
Agenda Packet: BOCC_Packet_2016-06-28.pdf (pdf 15 mb)
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
COMMISSION CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
· CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Julia T. Brown, County Manager, will discuss
· PET SHOWCASE – ASCMV Staff will present
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of Regular Meeting of June 14, 2016
· PUBLIC INPUT
· COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
· STAFF INPUT
· COMMISSION INPUT
CONSENT AGENDA - The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
2. Approve the Submission of a Grant Application under the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Local Solicitation for Fiscal Year 2016, and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager or Designee on all Related Documents – Angie Guerrero, Grant Writer, Sheriff’s Department, will discuss.
3. Enact a Resolution Approving the Second Amended Jetport Lease Agreements for Jetport Hangar T-06 and for Jetport Hangar T-06A By and Between Doña Ana County and Stanley Jobe – Bill Provance, Jetport Manager, will discuss.
4. Approve Award of Request for Proposal 16-0033 Real Estate Consulting Services and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Robert Armijo, County Engineer, will discuss.
5. Approve Award for Request for Proposal 16-0003 for Insurance Broker Services and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Contract Documents - Nelson J. Goodin, County Attorney, will discuss.
6. Approve Resolution to Adopt the Standing Committee’s Recommended Findings and Proposed Disposal of Data/Office Equipment and Furniture – Don Bullard, Manager, Purchasing Department, will discuss.
7. Approve Award of an Intergovernmental Services Agreement with New Mexico State University to Provide Evaluation Services for the Local DWI Program and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager – Jamie Michael, Director, Health and Human Services, will discuss.
8. Appoint William J. Helwig to Fill the Vacancy on the Doña Ana County Labor Management Relations Board – Deborah Weir, Director, Human Resources, will discuss.
9. Approval of Year-End Budget Resolution and Budget Revision for the FY 16 Budget – Nasreen Nelson, Interim-Director, Financial Services, will discuss.
10. Appoint Two Members to the Doña Ana County International Jetport Advisory Board – Bill Provance, Airport Manager, Jetport, will discuss
11. Approve a Resolution Superseding Resolution 2014-69, Approving Indigent Criteria and Process for Approval of Applications – Jamie Michael, Director, Health and Human Services, will discuss.
12. Approve Resolution Adopting a New Collective Bargaining Agreement between the County and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, New Mexico Council 18, Court Security, Local 1879 – Nelson J. Goodin, County Attorney, will discuss.
13. Approve Resolution Adopting a New Collective Bargaining Agreement between the County and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, New Mexico Council 18, Detention Center, Local 1529 – Nelson J. Goodin, County Attorney, will discuss.
14. Review of and Comments on a Petition Submitted to the City of Sunland Park by Socorro Partners, LLP for the Annexation of Approximately 229 Acres of Territory Located at the Intersection of So. County Club Road and Teresa Paseo Drive, Santa Teresa, NM – Luis Marmolejo, Senior Planner, Community Development, will discuss.
15. Lynn Ellins, County Clerk, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
COMMISSION MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION subject to the attorney-client privilege to discuss threatened or pending litigation regarding City of Las Cruces and County of Doña Ana v. Travelers Indemnity Co., et al., No. 2:14-CV-00931-MV-LAM; and to discuss a limited personnel matter regarding the County Manager’s performance evaluation; and to discuss bargaining strategy preliminary to collective bargaining negotiations between Doña Ana County and ASCME Court Security, AFSCME Detention Center, and International Association of Fire Fighters Local 5037 bargaining units; all as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, §10-15-1(H) (7), (2), and (5), respectively.
COMMISSION MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to take action, if any, on the closed session items.
COMMISSION ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, as soon as possible prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Health & Human Services Department at 525-5870, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto el Departamento de Salud y Servicios Humanos al 525-5870 por lo menos 48 horas por adelantado para pedir este servicio.