COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON MARCH 28, 2017
COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON MARCH 28, 2017
FULL AGENDA PACKET: BOCC_03-28-2017.pdf (PDF 9mb)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
· CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Julia T. Brown, County Manager, will discuss
· PET SHOWCASE – ASCMV Staff will present
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of Regular Meeting of March 14, 2017
2. PUBLIC INPUT
COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
3. Proclaim the Week of April 2-8, 2017, as Public Safety Telecommunications Week in Doña Ana County – Introduced by District 3 Commissioner Benjamin Rawson; read by Jess Williams, Public Information/Commission Liaison.
4. Proclaim April as Parkinson’s Awareness Month in Doña Ana County – Read by Jess Williams, Public Information/Commissioner Liaison.
5. A Proclamation Declaring April 2-8 as Victims’ Rights Week in Doña Ana County – Jess Williams, Public Information/Commission Liaison.
6. A Proclamation Declaring April as ‘Animal Control/Codes Officer Appreciation Month’ in Doña Ana County – Read by Jess Williams, Public Information/Commissioner Liaison.
7. A Proclamation Declaring April 4, 2017 as Equal Pay Day - Introduced by District 1 County Commissioner Billy Garrett; read by County Manager Julia Brown.
8. Presentation of Executed Contracts Signed from March 10 – March 24, 2017 – Pam Wood, Purchasing Department, will present.
9. Presentation on Reducing Opioid Deaths – Jamie Michael, Director, HHS & Marisol Diaz, Program Manager, Southwest Center for Health Innovation, will present.
10. Review Organizational Chart Relating to the Supervision and Reporting of the Internal Auditor and Discussion of the Creation of an Internal Audit Committee and the Scope of Responsibilities of an Internal Audit Committee – District 5 Commissioner John Vasquez will discuss.
CONSENT AGENDA - The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
11. Approve Out-of-State Travel for Community Development Department Chief Planner to Attend the American Planning Association National Conference in New York City, NY May 6, 2017 through May 9, 2017 – Janine Divyak, Chief Planner, will discuss.
12. Accept Sub-Grant Agreement HM-HMP-0579-16-01-00-Doña Ana County Fire & Emergency Services from the New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management and Approve Related Budget Revision and Resolution, and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Eric Crespin, Interim Fire Chief, will discuss.
13. Accept Agreement from the National Association of County and City Health Officials Contract # MRC 17-0553 to Provide Support to the Medical Reserve Corp Unit in Doña Ana County and Approve Related Budget Revision and Resolution, and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Eric Crespin, Interim Fire Chief, will discuss.
14. Approve 2017 Annual Certified County Maintained Road Mileage Report and Authorize the Commission Chair to Sign the Certification Letter – Robert Armijo, County Engineer, will discuss.
15. Re-Approve Budget Revision and Resolution Related to the BLM Illegal Dumping Assistance Agreement, Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign all Documents Related to the Agreement – Lee Galt, Community Development, will discuss.
16. Approve a Resolution Endorsing an Initiative to Rename Motel Boulevard – District 1 Commissioner Billy Garrett will discuss.
17. Approve a Resolution Modifying the County Manager’s Authority Regarding El Paso Electric Rate Case Filings – District 5 County Commissioner John Vasquez will discuss.
18. Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION, to discuss bargaining strategy preliminary to collective bargaining negotiations with the Communications Workers of America, Local 7911; and, subject to the attorney-client privilege to discuss pending or threatened litigation pertaining to 1) violations of restrictive covenants in a subdivision in which the county owns property; 2) potential condemnation proceedings regarding a drainage pond in the Santa Teresa area; and, to discuss the possible disposal of real property owned by the county as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, § 10-15-1(H) (5) (7) & (8) respectively.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to take action, if any, on the closed session items.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least two business days prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Community & Constituent Services Office at 525-6163, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto la Oficina de Servicio a la Comunidad y Constituyentes 525-6163 por lo menos dos días hábiles por adelantado para pedir este servicio.