COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON NOVEMBER 14, 2017
COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON NOVEMBER 14, 2017
AGENDA PACKET: BOCC_Agenda_Packet_11-14-2017.pdf (27.08mb)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
· CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of October 24, 2017; the October 25, 2017 Special Closed Meeting; the October 31, 2017 Work Session; and the November 7, 2017 Special Meeting
2. EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION – The Commission will recognize Doña Ana County Employees for their years of service to Doña Ana County – Jess Williams, Public Information Director/Commission Liaison, will present.
Name Department Service
Jorge Ochoa Health & Human Services 5
James Barentine Fire & Emergency Services 5
Richard Madrid Engineering 10
Mary Lou Ward Animal Control 10
Anita Gutierrez Detention Center 10
Ruben Salcido Detention Center 15
Bobby Holden Sheriff’s Department 20
3. PUBLIC INPUT
COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
4. Proclamation in Memory of Former Commissioner Salvador Gonzalez – Introduced by Commission Chairwoman Isabella Solis; read by Jess Williams, Public Information Director.
5. Proclaim November as Diabetes Awareness Month in Doña Ana County – Introduced by Jamie Michael, Health & Human Services Department; read by Jess Williams, Public Information Director.
6. Presentation of Medical (BCBS) First Quarter Self-Funded Financial Report – Introduced by Deb Weir, Director, Human Resources Department; presentation by John Hatz, Health Consultant from Gallagher Benefit Services.
7. Presentation and Discussion of Possible Usage of Salary Savings – Enrique Vigil, Sheriff, will present.
CONSENT AGENDA –The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
8. Doña Ana County Contracts Executed between October 2nd, 2017 – October 27th, 2017 – Pamela Wood, Contract Administrator, Purchasing Department, will discuss.
9. Doña Ana County Treasurer’s Financial Report for the Month of September, 2017 – Eric Rodriquez, County Treasurer, will discuss.
10. Approve Budget Revision and Resolution to Purchase a Replacement Tractor to be used for Jetport Maintenance and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Documents – Bill Provance, Jetport manager, will discuss.
11. Approve the Donation and Transfer of a One-Acre Parcel of Doña Ana County Property to the Alto De Las Flores Mutual Domestic Water Consumers Association Located at 355 West Savannah Road in San Miguel, New Mexico – Nora Oliver, Office Supervisor, Utilities Department, will discuss.
12. Approve Award of Competitive Sealed Bid 18-0018 for Inmate Supplies and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Captain Vicki Hooser, Detention Center, will discuss.
13. Approve Funding and Expenditure of Up to $278,800.00 to Replace out of Service Breathing Air Cylinders for the County Fire Service Utilizing Houston Galveston Area Council (HGAC) Purchasing Co-Op Agreement and Delegate Signature Authority to
County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Eric Crespin, Deputy Fire Chief, Fire and Emergency Services, will discuss.
14. Approve the Utilization of the Cooperative Educational Services (CES) to Purchase Two 2018 Trucks with Utility Bodies and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Gabriel Silva, Fleet Manager, will discuss.
15. Approve the Award of Competitive Sealed Bid 17-0034 for Ford Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Parts and Services, and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Gabriel Silva, Fleet Manager, will discuss.
16. Approve the Award of Competitive Sealed Bid 18-0017 for Tires, Supplies, and Services, and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Gabriel Silva, Fleet Manager, will discuss.
17. Approve Out-of-State Travel for Two Animal Control and Codes Employees to Attend Keep America Beautiful (KAB) Conference, in Dallas, TX, January 16 – 19, 2018 – Vicki Lusk, Manager, Animal Control & Codes, will discuss.
18. Approve Award of Sole Source Contract for Economic Development Services to the Mesilla Valley Economic Development Alliance in the Amount of $150,000 and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Daniel Hortert, AICP, Economic Development and Special Projects Manager, will discuss.
19. Approve Utilization of Multiple Pricing Agreements to Purchase all Law Enforcement Related Equipment for Twenty-Nine 2018 Chevy Tahoes and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Necessary Documents – Enrique Vigil, Sheriff’s Department, will discuss.
20. Authorize Increase of the Cooperative Educational Services (CES) Agreement #2017-019NC101-ALL for ItsQuest Services – Vicki Lusk, Manager, Animal Control and Codes, will discuss.
21. Authorize the County Manager to Award a Contract to New Mexico State University as Part of the Assisted Outpatient Grant-Funded Program – Jamie Michael, Director, Health & Human Services Department, will discuss.
22. Authorize the County Manager to Award Contract to La Clinica De Familia as Part of the Assisted Outpatient Grant-Funded Program – Jamie Michael, Director, Health & Human Services Department, will discuss.
23. Approve Budget Resolution and Revision and Expenditure of $19,825.78 from the County Clerk’s Recording Fee Fund for Purchase of Equipment Necessary to Implement Secretary of State’s New State-Wide Voter Data Base System – Lynn J. Ellins, Chief Deputy Clerk, will discuss.
24. Authorize Publication of Notice of Intent to Repeal Ordinance Number 162-95 and Amending Ordinance Number 124-93 Relating to the Dedication of the County Third One-Eighth Gross Receipt Tax – District 3 Commissioner Benjamin Rawson will discuss.
25. Approve Resolution to Allow the City and County Managers to Work toward a Unified Animal Services Center as a City Department – Jess Williams, Public Information Director, will discuss.
26. Authorize Publication of Title and General Summary and Notice of Public Hearing to Consider the Adoption of a County Water and Sanitation Gross Receipts Tax on Behalf of the Anthony Water and Sanitation District – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss.
27. Approve Preliminary Plat for Vista Rancho Subdivision Phase 1 – Luis Marmolejo, Senior Planner, Community Development, will discuss.
28. Approve an Ordinance to Adopt Amendment No. 1 to the Unified Development Code (UDC) – Janine Divyak, Chief Planner, Community Development, will discuss.
29. Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION for deliberations in connection with an administrative adjudicatory proceeding (Approve Preliminary Plat for Vista Rancho Subdivision Phase I), as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, § 10-15-1 (H) (3).
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to take action, if any, on the closed session items.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least two business days prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Community & Constituent Services Office at 525-6163, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto la Oficina de Servicio a la Comunidad y Constituyentes 525-6163 por lo menos dos días hábiles por adelantado para pedir este servicio.