In response to the growing threat of COVID-19, our office is taking measures to protect our staff and taxpayers from the risk of potential exposure while maintaining continuity of services to the public. This plan provides a general guideline on what to expect during the second half tax season.
- In-person Closed
- Phone 8:00am to 5:00pm (Extended to 6:00pm Beg. 04/10/2020)
- In-person payments will not be available
- Online at: www.donaanacounty.org/treasurer/payments
- Phone: 575-647-7433, Toll Free 1-877-827-7200 ext. 7433
- By mail: P.O. Box 1179 Las Cruces, NM 88004
- 24 Hour drop box: in front of the County Government Center
- Bill pay: This is a service provided by your bank
- The following locations payment will not be available:
- The Village of Hatch
- The City of Anthony
- The City of Sunland Park
- Lake Section Water Co. in Chaparral
These services are available by appointment only.
- Mobile Home Moving Permit Payments: Contact Community Development at 647-7350
- Mobile Home Title Changes: Contact the Assessor’s office at 647-7400
- Parcel Splits or Combines: Contact Community Development at 647-7350
- Tax Account Research Requests: Contact Treasurers office at 647-7433
- Writs and warrants: Contact the Sheriff’s office at 525-1911
Is the county closed to the general public?
At this time the county has closed its doors to the general public to avoid large gatherings. However, several county departments may allow people in doors by appointment for important business only.
How long will the Treasurer’s office be closed to in-person services?
At this moment we do not know. However please expect our doors to be closed during the second half tax season through May 10th.
Will the tax payment deadline be extended?
Simple answer is no. However, at this time the County Treasurer is working very hard to get relief for the taxpayers of Doña Ana County. Unfortunately, he does not have the legal authority to extend a tax deadline as it is imbedded into the constitution, but certain laws allow for the State’s Taxation and Revenue department to grant that extension. Please refer back to our website for any additional updates on this ongoing effort.
How will I know if my payment has been received?
You can view your account online at www.donaanacounty.org/treasurer click on the “Search Taxes” link. You may also call our office to confirm payment.
Can you send my receipt by mail?
Due to the amount of payments that we will be processing, mailing receipts will be very costly and time consuming for our office. Please check your bank or credit card statement to confirm your payment has processed.
How long will a payment take to clear on my bank account?
Due to the amount of payments that we will be processing, please allow up to two weeks to see your payments post to your account.
Will online payment fees be waived?
No. Anti-donation laws do not allow us to do this.
I can only pay in cash?
We encourage you to obtain a cashier’s check or money order. Please do not mail cash or drop it in our drop box.
What is the best way to pay my property taxes?
We recommend using your bank’s online Bill Pay option, it is fast, secure, and free. Your payment will reflect in our system the next day! Create a Bill Pay profile for property taxes using the following information:
Dona Ana County Treasurer
845 N Motel Blvd
Las Cruces NM 88007
I need to research tax information that is not available online?
Please send us an email request to email@example.com or call us at 647-7433. We will make every effort to respond in a timely manner.
Why are the payment drop offs in Anthony, Chaparral, Hatch, and Sunland Park closed if those offices are still open?
These locations may or may not be open, but we do not want to put their staff at risk by encouraging the public to gather inside their offices while dropping off payments.